Tasmanian Women Lawyers Membership
I alone cannot change the world, but I can cast a stone across the waters to create many ripples.
Tasmanian Women Lawyers membership is broad. It includes women in all areas of the legal profession including the courts, judiciary, university, public and private sector, as well as law graduates and former legal practitioners working in other areas.
Membership encompasses women from large and small firms, corporations, government agencies and organisations, legal centres, not-for-profits, academia, chambers, magistracy and judiciary, and a range of other areas.
Can I join?
Membership is open to all women in the legal profession, and you are eligible to be a member if you are, or have been:
- Admitted to practice as a barrister or solicitor of the Supreme Court of any State or Territory of Australia , or in any part of the British Commonwealth; or
- A law graduate of any university in Australia.
You are also eligible to be an associate member if you are in your final year of a law degree or a degree combining law and another discipline.
- Tasmanian Women Lawyers hosts a number of exciting and informative networking and educational events throughout the year. These events are discounted for members.
- As a member you’ll have access to newsletters, events and information about employment opportunities.
- By virtue of your membership you’ll have the opportunity to get involved in some amazing committees and working group
- Membership to the Association provides access to discounts and other benefits (new feature in 2018)! The first two businesses that have offered discounts for our members are L.A.O. Hair and Extensions and Kevlar Security Solutions.
Log-in to view the details of these offers on our members-only page.
Click the ‘join us’ button below for further information about membership eligibility and pricing.