New TWL WEBSITEComing Soon...
We've been a bit quiet lately, but we're hard at work building a brand new TWL digital experience. Sign up to our mailing list and join us in counting down the days.
Sign up to the TWL Newsletter
Be the first to hear about new events, groups and offers and gain priority access to exciting TWL opportunities.
Tasmanian Women Lawyers is an organisation committed to women in all aspects of the legal profession. This includes judicial officers, professionals, academics, graduates and students.
Our objectives drive our support of TWL members in that we work to:
Advance and encourage equality for women in the legal profession
Create and enhance awareness of contribution to the practice and development of the law by women.
Provide support and mentoring opportunities for women in the legal profession.
Provide a forum for the exchange of information and opinions on aspects of the law relating to women.
Provide a professional and social network for women lawyers.
Why Become a Member
Membership is open to all women in the legal profession, and you are eligible to be a member if you are, or have been:
- Admitted to practice as a barrister of solicitor of the Supreme Court of any State or Territory of Australia, or in any part of the British Commonwealth; or
- Are a law graduate of any university in Australia.
You are also eligible to be an associate member if you are in your final year of a law degree or a degree combining law and another discipline.
TWL host a number of exciting and informative networking and educational events throughout the year. These events are discounted for members.
As members you'll have access to newsletters, events and information about employment opportunities.
By virtue of your membership you'll have the opportunity to get involved in some amazing committees and working groups.
Membership to the association provides access to exclusive discounts and other benefits.
Become a Member
Joining the Tasmanian Women Lawyers is easy. Choose the level of membership that's right for you.
The membership fee is an annual charge that is reviewed each year at our AGM in December.
The current 2022 membership fees are as follows:
A woman is eligible to be an ordinary member of the Association if she is - A woman is eligible to be an ordinary member fo the Association if she is -
- Admitted to practice as a legal practitioner of the Supreme Court of any State of Territory of the Commonwealth of Australis, or in any part of the Commonwealth of Nations; or
- Is a graduate in Law of any University within the commonwealth of Australia.
Any person is eligible to be a member of the association if they:
- Support and uphold the objectives of the Association; and
- Are admitted to practice as a legal practitioner in any State or Territory of the Commonwealth of Australia; or hold the equivalent status in any other jurisdiction; or
- Are a graduate in Law at any University within the Commonwealth of Australia.
Associate members are not eligible to vote or to be elected to the Committee.
A woman is eligible to be a student member of the Association if she is studying in the final year of either a degree in Law or in a degree combining Law and another discipline.
Student members are not eligible to vote or to be elected to the Committee.
(Note: If you are a Law graduate and currently completing a legal practice course you may be eligible for ordinary membership at the "student" rate.)